понедельник, 21 марта 2011 г.

SS Challenge week 11

Here we go again. The challenge for last week was to make a winter page. For some reason I really enjoyed working on a winter page, even though I am so ready for Spring. I had three different pages in my mind that I wanted to complete. My first choice didn't work because the paper I planned to use didn't go with the pictures.

I decided to use some of my favorite pictures from this winter. Pink for winter is a little unusual, but I think it worked. Here is my page:

I would've never mixed greys and browns on the same page, but for some reason it didn't look wrong here. Before deciding to use them both. I realized my pictures had both of those shades in them. So I gave it a try.

Title came from the same sheet of stickers I shared last week. I used them on four layouts in a row. This set is a must have!

Rhinestones and winter. I just love that. This page doesn't have any expensive embellishments. Punched circles from pattern paper.

I'm so glad that I'm the first one to see everyone's page. I love getting emails with new pages each week. Anka made a page with a family Christmas photo.We had the same color choices this week. I like how soft her layout looks with torn vellum on. Rub-on words add something special to the page and snowflakes complete the mood of winter themed page. Here is Anka's layout:
And now, let me introduce to you Katya. This is the first time she participated in our weekly challenge (and hopefully not the last). Her page speaks winter from pictures to colors to title. I really like how white lacy borders has that frosty snowflake feel. Title over pictures was a nice way to connect them all together. Here's what Katya made:

I never know what to expect when I check Lora's email. I like that we all try to experience different styles to figure out what is really "me". She made a lovely page with craft background which adds calm and soft feel to it. Very creative letter O, which I believe was hand cut. And if you know me I love pages with a lot of journaling (I don't always like to be the one to write it) so, she did a nice job on that. Here is Lora's page:

Last week I let Anka pick our next challenge. For SS week 12 she chose - a layout with a picture of you when you were 15-16 years old. It's so fun to be on this side for a change. I know it will not be the easiest for me, but challenge has been announced and my mind starts working.

Good luck everyone and hope to see your work soon!

39 комментариев:

  1. Love both of your pages. Anya, Love all the little details and borders, i m gonna have to learn how to match different kind of papers together.very inspiring.
    Anka, very unique page as always. I don't know how u come up with tottally new ideas.. non of ur pages look alike.good job
    Lora, where is urs?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Marusya and Ira, why don't u just post ur pictures so we can look at them (since u r not doing scrapbooking) and we'll comment on them? So this way u r not gonna feel left out. how is my idea?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Yea, it does seem like you had way too much sugar, lol

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. Congrats on your first participation with us and I think your page looks great. Hope to see your work again and again. Just have some sugar and I bet you you'll come up with more wonderful layouts, lol.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Haha :-) so i come in, saw that u guys made new pages (VERY NICE by the way, Anya and seeing yours in real life, now i know that computer doest deliver what really is on the page, Love it! And love the blue on Katyas page so NICE, u guys look so good there!!) well anyway... then see that 6 comments were made already... then i read them.... HAHAHA Duska u made me laugh :-) not only that you were the only one who left all 6 comments, you also laughed at your self :-) that is SO FUNNY!!! and yes... u know how that sugar makes u... but i like u like that! So nice to see you laughing! :-) :-) :-) and yeah, i agree WHERE is everyone???

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. haha... by the time i finished writing my comment Anka already made a comment haha i'm so slow! I didnt even see it! Anka u beat me! :-) by the way, nice layout

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. Ira, don't u remember taking those pictures? See u r a part of this project..

    ОтветитьУдалить
  8. Anya what does this mean? "I know it will not be the easiest for me, but challenge has been announced and mind stars working." i didn't understand what do "STARS" have to do with anything? AND "MIND"?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  9. I think that it happened because I wrote my two posts like 1 minute apart, so yea, I didn't see your post either

    ОтветитьУдалить
  10. Aww i feel special now! YEAH i do remember!!! Maybe thats why u guys look so good there :-D hehe

    ОтветитьУдалить
  11. Nu ya... opyat! :-D today ya slishkom mnogo pishu chto to, potomu i napisala ya opyat :-D

    ОтветитьУдалить
  12. hehe, girlies, so good to read your comments. Duska, continue this because it is such a great way to relax and laugh after a day filled with lecture and practicals!!!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  13. Yea Lora, I hear you and agree with you. I just returned from my stats class. I absolutely hate that class!!!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  14. Hey... who u calling a sugar baby?? :-) haha :-D i'm a chocolate baby :-D (well i guess thats sugar too huh?)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  15. Duska, I sent Anya my page just today, so she will probably post it when she checks her email. It's so sweet how you inquired about it :) By the way, your page looks great, and it's a first one so it's not even great, it's wonderful. Love the blue, the picture looks like winter itself! The border just works so well! Anka - the colors are summery, but you made it work well for the photo and picture. Love it!!! You always seem to have a lot of little details, which I like. Anya - pink for winter page? Why not!!! I think it works great, especially with the subjects in the pictures :) Love the letter in the word snow :) Very much to my liking ;)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  16. Ok, I guess Dus'ka ate up her cinnamon toast crunch while writing posts here and just went to bed, lol and Lora's brain is probably too saturated to even think of what to write,lol

    ОтветитьУдалить
  17. Poka napisala one comment, you guys already wrote a million :) lol Maybe mne tozhe nado perexodit na sugar. Is that ALL you eat??? hahaha

    ОтветитьУдалить
  18. And about not being on here....well people, some of us actually go to college and learn things and have to do others things :) lol

    ОтветитьУдалить
  19. Lorik don't bother with the sugar... i had lots of it but still cant keep up! I'm giving up! Goodnight! :-)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  20. Lora, whenever you're not here I totally understand why, but really miss you:)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  21. hehehe, ok, will not attempt either than :) This weeks challenge, hmmmm....Anka, now I have to go and hunt down a picture! Well, enough brain activity for me for one day!!! Goodnight fellow commentors :) Zzzzzzz

    ОтветитьУдалить
  22. wow its been like an hour, and u guys posted like 24 more comments. These r not comments anymore. This is like our chat room lol keep it up. Its true, it really eases the stress when u go here

    ОтветитьУдалить
  23. Beautiful layout. The pink and grey perfectly go with your pictures. Well balanced.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  24. Mne interesno chto dymaut drygie ludi kotorie chitaut nashi comments? Anya, nashi pages have couple things in common. Our pictures r framed and we have circled snow flakes all over the page.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  25. A what??? I came here and was hoping there's at least one comment, since there were none at night when I checked. 33? really? were you here all night?

    I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading them...

    So, to which one of those comments should I respond?

    My favourite? "This is a chat room"... Thank you for all the nice things you had to say. Now, I'll go add another page.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  26. Lorik i LOVE you page!!!! The "O" in cold is SO CLEVER! And the rhe title... Love it! :-)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  27. Thank you sweetie, now, if only i would take the picture of my LO during the day, that would be great :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  28. haha these comments are hilarious :))) and you do such a good job with all the layouts! I love to look at them :) because I can't do them good.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  29. Thanks Ira M for visiting! We would love to here from you more often!

    ОтветитьУдалить